NITN | @notintownlive | 14 Nov 2022, 02:39 am
Poolankurchi: IT services firm Vee Technologies has unveiled a Rs 200 crore expansion plan in Tamil Nadu to mark 100 years of the Chettinad family home here.
Outlining the ambitious expansion plans in the State, Mr Chocko Valliappa, CEO and Managing Director, Vee Technologies said, “We shall invest Rs 200 crore to grow Vee Technologies’ IT enabled Services operations by tripling the number of associates in Tamil Nadu beyond 10,000 in the next three years.”
Vee Technologies' software delivery centres in Tamil Nadu--Salem, Trichy and Chennai--with several proprietary platforms service global customers in healthcare, engineering and design space.
Sona Group Chairman Mr C Valliappa paid a tribute to the Valliappa Sona group founders for sowing the seeds of economic growth over a hundred years ago by setting up spinning mills and later expanding into plantations and real-estate. Education was the group’s social initiative to prepare young men and women with relevant technical skills.
Attendees at the Poolankurchi home’s centenary celebrations included Mr T Mano Thangaraj, State Minister for IT and Digital Services, State government officials and Mr Patrick O'Malley, President, Vee Technologies, USA and his 21-member US team.
Speaking at the event, Mr C Valliappa said, "The 100-year old ‘Lakshmi Vilas’ bears a stamp of our wonderful heritage. With beautiful paintings on the roofs, stunning tiles on the floors, lovely artefacts, spacious courtyards and many rooms, it speaks of a time when families were large and lived together in harmony, lovingly celebrating culture and beauty in their homes. Some of the photos depict the group’s association with Mahatma Gandhi with a shirt on (*Gandhi ji adopted a loin cloth dress in 1922) and Rabindranath Tagore, among others."
Bengaluru and New York co-headquartered Vee Technologies set up in 2001 with 50 employees now offers IT enabled Services to global clients from Development centres in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh in India and the Philippines and the USA. Vee's software, analytics and strategic IT services clients are made up of hundreds of hospitals including six of the top 10 US hospitals, deploying proprietary platforms and tools.
C Valliappa thanked the Tamil Nadu Minister for IT and Digital Services Mr T Mano Thangaraj, State officials and the Sona Group of Education Institutions for accelerating Tamil Nadu's forays into technology and digital services.
Valliappa said that the State government support in developing skilled technical talent from engineering and polytechnic colleges contributed significantly to Tamil Nadu’s rising software exports. As part of the Tamil Nadu government’s ‘Naan Mudhalivan’ initiative the group’s social AI-based skilling and job platform, HireMee, has recently joined hands with the TN government to assess and prepare one million students for jobs for the next-gen technologies.
Vee Technologies offers clinical, risk and revenue cycle solutions in the healthcare sector which are among the most innovative platforms sought after by its customers, added Mr Chocko Valliappa.
One of the largest medical groups in the US draws on Vee Technologies’ expertise for optimizing data capture through Electronic Medical Record systems with Robotic Process Automation. These platforms help the teams at Vee Technologies assist healthcare customers in the US, Canada and Australia among others.
To support Vee Technologies’ expansion plan it has engaged recruitment enabler HireMee to assess, screen and shortlist potential graduates using AI-powered HireMee Pro platform to hire associates for its India software facilities in South India.
Vee Technologies’ warm and caring people policies allow remote work facilities for employees, enhanced medical policy as well as professional growth opportunities. Its gender-neutral people policies have ensured that women make up nearly 40 per cent of the total employees.
A Vee associate after intensive induction is trained to review and process health insurance claims speedily while maintaining a high level of claimant satisfaction and experience.
Architects and engineers engaged in rendering design services for Architecture and Engineering clients work on marquee assignments that include the migration of the US cellular towers to 5G, architectural design for multi-specialty hospitals as well as designing MEP for a stadium that counts itself among the largest in the world.
About Lakshmi Vilas, Poolankurchi, Chettinad
· Chettinad family home built by Mr M. Subramanian in 1922 and the family continued to stay there for five generations until 1985.
· Built over one acre, the home is spread over 2 floors and has over 50 rooms and a magnificent wedding hall.
· The house has seen family weddings over 5 generations and continues to be a venue for important family events.
· The main pillars are made up of natural stone and granite.
· Original Burma teak wood has been used.
· Flooring is made up of rough stone measuring 9-12 inches high.
· The well ventilated high roof home has original fans and light fittings in working condition.
· The mansion built using limestone, known as Karai and polished with a paste made out of egg whites gives it an ethereal white appearance and has never been painted again.
· Decades old Mango, Coconut Lemon and Pomegranate and Neem trees are well preserved.
- Sona FM 89.6 to give voice to a million citizens in 12 taluks in Salem, Yercaud
- Vee Technologies unveils Rs 200 Cr TN expansion plan
- Yatish Kumar’s passion for literature revs up Hindi literary scene in India
- ‘Humans at the Cutting Edge of Robotic Surgery’ global meet picks 15 surgeons from India
- The French Institute in India to host training for teachers from India and Sri Lanka in Jaipur
- Indian cricket sensation Sachin Tendulkar visits Al Habtoor City in Dubai
- Thiagarajar Polytechnic College’s 62nd Graduation Day: 851 diploma graduates, medals for 60 securing top 5 positions each in 12 disciplines
- Top honours for surgeons from USA, India and Spain in International Robotic Surgery Innovation Award
- Church Art celebrates Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav in collaboration with ICCR Kolkata
- Kolkata Police Commissioner meets senior citizens of Pronam; urges spread of awareness to combat rising cases of cyber fraud
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.
New Delhi: Indian Hospitality enterprise OYO on Monday announced reduced prices on stays with tariffs which now begin at Rs 399 for the period between Aug. 8 and Aug. 21.