NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Feb 2023, 10:56 am
New Delhi: Sona Group of Education Institutions Vice Chairman Chocko Valliappa has said Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman deserved complements for prioritising higher education and skilling in the Union Budget 2023-24 through focus on setting up centres of excellence in Artificial Intelligence, creation of labs in 100 engineering institutions for developing smart 5G services-based applications.
"Am personally glad that the Finance Minister has accepted our suggestion to further digitize education. The series of pathbreaking moves to deploy digital technology in education for young children, school and college students as also training of teachers will give a fresh stimulus to MOOCS, NPTEL on Swayam platform. A national digital library in many languages, genres and levels to stimulate learning among young minds will supplement overall learning outcomes," Chocko Valliappa, Vice Chairman, Sona group of Education Institutions, Salem, said.
"Special focus on sustainability and green initiatives will take India closer to meeting its ESG goals," Chocko Valliappa said.
"The launch of re-imagined Skilling 4.0 and the newly minted Vishwakarma Kaushal Samaan initiative will help build capacity, train youth to pick industry relevant skills and preserve age old crafts thus ensuring livelihood for millions in the coming years," he said.
Sitharaman presented the Union Budget this week.
- Vattikuti Foundation honours Dr Adeel Khan for pioneering liver transplant from deceased donor using surgical robot
- WFUNA Foundation India, Youth of India Foundation drive to boost renewable energy initiatives in Sikkim
- Kolkata: Knowledge Tree Learning Support Centre run by Calcutta SEED unveils classrooms for education of street children
- Chaltabagan Durga Puja festivities in Kolkata takes off amid dance and drum beats
- International Clown Festival by Prabha Khaitan Foundation sets off laugh riot for Kolkata children
- Annual Robotic Surgery Symposium: Three Indians among KS Robotic Surgery Video Contest Top 10
- Vattikuti Foundation led symposium in Belgium to attract over 100 robotic surgeons from 14 countries
- Vee Technologies adds fourth facility in Bengaluru
- Asansol Church in West Bengal gets a facelift; adds to the spiritual ambiance
- Lampshade Writers’ debut poetry reading session brings together avid poetry lovers of Kolkata
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.