NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Feb 2023, 10:56 am
New Delhi: Sona Group of Education Institutions Vice Chairman Chocko Valliappa has said Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman deserved complements for prioritising higher education and skilling in the Union Budget 2023-24 through focus on setting up centres of excellence in Artificial Intelligence, creation of labs in 100 engineering institutions for developing smart 5G services-based applications.
"Am personally glad that the Finance Minister has accepted our suggestion to further digitize education. The series of pathbreaking moves to deploy digital technology in education for young children, school and college students as also training of teachers will give a fresh stimulus to MOOCS, NPTEL on Swayam platform. A national digital library in many languages, genres and levels to stimulate learning among young minds will supplement overall learning outcomes," Chocko Valliappa, Vice Chairman, Sona group of Education Institutions, Salem, said.
"Special focus on sustainability and green initiatives will take India closer to meeting its ESG goals," Chocko Valliappa said.
"The launch of re-imagined Skilling 4.0 and the newly minted Vishwakarma Kaushal Samaan initiative will help build capacity, train youth to pick industry relevant skills and preserve age old crafts thus ensuring livelihood for millions in the coming years," he said.
Sitharaman presented the Union Budget this week.
- Vee Technologies’ Venkat Umakanth is the SMB CTO of the year
- Vee Technologies appoints Bhupendra Joshi as CHRO
- HireMee announces Employability Test for graduates for edge in job market
- Muskaan hosts puppet show and interactive session with Mumbai-based puppeteer
- HireMee named 'Most Promising Assessment Service Provider'
- Kolkata witnesses evening of introspection as Prabha Khaitan Foundation unveils Baidyanath headman's book on karma
- Charge EV industry growth with fresh tech talent: Chocko Valliappa
- Sona College faculty tops technology learning program by IITs, IISc
- Nirmala Sitharaman deserves compliments for prioritising higher education and skilling in Budget 2023-24: Sona Group of Education Institutions Vice Chairman
- Behala Art Fest: Do not miss this street art festival if you are in Kolkata for the weekend
New Delhi: Airlines major Air India launched its first-ever non-stop flight to London Gatwick, from Amritsar on Monday.
Singapore/NITN: Scoot, the low-cost subsidiary of Singapore Airlines (SIA), announced that it will steadily resume flights to and from China buoyed by further relaxation of border restrictions imposed during the pandemic.
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.