By Vinay Jain, CMD, AVJ group 22 Dec 2014, 03:54 pm
Though, there has been a slowdown in Indian market for last 12 months or so, but the developers make up for it by offering attractive discounts in the form of freebies like modular kitchens, air-conditioners and woodwork to prospective home buyers in the country or abroad.
NRIs feel confident about the new government of India and waiting for an investment-friendly market in various fields which gives the real estate players a reason to smile.
With the latest Initiatives such as plans to set up 100 smart cities and develop real estate investment trusts(REITS) , the govt. is all geared up to change the shape of the realty sector in our country.
The government will also have to consider reforms for quick land acquisition, faster project approvals, easy and low-cost finance options and better infrastructure development to attract domestic and foreign investment in this vital sector of the economy, which is expected to post five per cent gross domestic product growth in the current and coming fiscal year.
We have recently launched new flagship project AVJ Business Suites in Preet Vihar (Delhi) and Tower-B in AVJ Heightss Greater Noida (Zeta-1). We are hoping market will geared up from next financial year.
Over 25 million people of Indian origin living across the globe remit around 80 billion annually to their motherland and a major part of this amount is invested in real estate business, fixed deposits, FCNR, bullion, among others. Almost 70 to 80 per cent of the total remittances to India is contributed by non-resident Indians (NRIs) based in the Middle East and Gulf countries.
Real estate, which is one of the largest drivers of the country's economic growth, also provides large-scale employment and contributes massively to the national economy.
(The writer is CMD, AVJ group)
- Nirmala Sitharaman deserves compliments for prioritising higher education and skilling in Budget 2023-24: Sona Group of Education Institutions Vice Chairman
- Behala Art Fest: Do not miss this street art festival if you are in Kolkata for the weekend
- Kolkata Litfest: A tete-a-tete with eminent translators of Hindi and Urdu literature
- Sona Group of Education Institutions suggests doubling of allocation for education
- ESOPDhan budget expectations on vested ESOPs of unlisted firms
- Muskaan Litfest for child authors in Delhi stirs up India's budding storytellers
- Chiefs of services gather in Delhi winter to release book on India's valiant soldiers at Prabha Khaitan Foundation event
- Stubbornness made Dr. Ambedkar who he is: Shashi Tharoor
- 'Probashir Pronaam' tugs at the cultural heartstrings of NRIs
- Kolkata: West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee inaugurates special exhibition at The Cathedral Of The Most Holy Rosary
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.