Not In Town | @notintownlive | 18 Oct 2020, 06:56 am
Abhishek Singh is the next hunk on the rise in Tollywood. Law graduate from Pune, a few years ago he left his lucrative legal career to respond to his first love and inner calling - acting. We caught up with him on his favourite holiday destinations. The chiselled good-looking actor who starred in recent releases like Panther and Password besides drawing attention in the web series shares his love for Sicily and more.
Which is your favourite travel destination?
There are so many! But if I had to choose one it would be Sicily.
Well, I am a big fan of volcanoes and Mt Etna is an active volcano. Also, Sicily has it all - green and rocky hills, a beautiful coastline, cloudy skies that seem to gravitate toward Mt Etna. Sicilian culture is also absolutely gorgeous. Taormina is the best place (in Sicily) to experience it.
Haunting notes of old Sicilia with soft guitar at the town square will give you Godfather vibes. There’s plenty of hiking one can get up to through the bountiful hills with charming and welcoming villages that boast the best Margarita pizza you’ll ever have! Also, Mt Etna is a must visit! The snow cover over its black soil is a wonderful sight!
What are the three things you always travel with?
My G-shock, sunglasses and ring.
Staying fit during travel is a challenge. Do you have a fitness ritual during travel?
No rituals really. Part of travel is experiencing the different types of cuisines the world has to offer. I just try to spend my tours exploring on foot. I hike from place to place when I can. Also, I carry a water bottle and stay hydrated.
Describe your travel outfit.
T-shirt and sweats. And of-course jacket - when it’s cold.
What’s on your travel bucket list next?
Shillong. I really want to travel to Ireland as well.
- I am a big fan of volcanoes: Actor Abhishek Singh
- Wajid Ali Shah brought to Kolkata from Lucknow the dum pukht style of cooking: Sunita Kohli
- I try to immerse myself in culture of every country I visit: Chef Ben Ungermann
- I have been very fond of nature: Arijit Dutta
- You travel till you breathe: Actor Saswata Chatterjee
- Our USP is definitely our Wellness teas: Karma Kettle owners
- Our involvement with the Indigenous people is superb: Ontario Tourism Minister
- "Cotentin is completely different from the image the world currently has of Normandy"
- You can travel indefinitely for USD200 a month: Alex
- Five days are required to grant visas now: India's Consul General in Toronto
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.