News
Travel
Kuwait reports 78 new COVID-19 cases, 743 in total

NITN | @notintownlive | 07 Apr 2020, 09:39 am

Kuwait reports 78 new COVID-19 cases, 743 in total

Kuwait City/Xinhua/UNI: Kuwait reported on Tuesday 78 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number in the country to 743, the Health Ministry said in a statement.

Among the new cases, 69 have a history of contact with infected patients, the statement said, adding that nine cases are under investigation.

So far, 637 patients are still receiving treatment, including 23 in ICU, it noted.

Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of two patients from the coronavirus, raising the number of the cured in the country to 105.

On April 4, Kuwait reported the first death case of COVID-19.

The Kuwaiti government has decided to impose a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also decided to close stores, malls and barbershops.

#Kuwait   #COVID19  

Air New Zealand to host one ...

Air New Zealand has announced plans to host a live inflight concert, ‘SYNTHONY in the Sky’, on Dec 4 aboard Flight NZ1331 from Auckland to Sydney.

Qatar Airways to commence o ...

Qatar Airways will move its New York operations to The New Terminal One at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in 2026. As part of the relocation, the airline plans to open a 15,000-square-foot lounge, its first dedicated facility in both New York City and the United States.

Air Canada flights remain g ...

All Air Canada planes remained grounded late Saturday despite the Canadian government intervening to end a strike called by cabin crew members that resulted in hundreds of flights being cancelled and triggered chaos, media reports said.