NITN | @notintownlive | 18 May 2020, 10:41 am

Kathmandu/Xinhua/UNI: The number of COVID-19 cases in Nepal crossed 300 mark with the addition of nine cases on Monday morning, Nepal's Ministry of Health and Population said.
The number of COVID-19 cases has now reached 304, the ministry said in a press statement on Monday.
The Himalayan country has been witnessing a surge in the cases recently as the number of cases tripled in the last 11 days. On May 7, the number of cases in Nepal crossed 100 mark and went above 200 on May 13.
According to the ministry, eight people from southeastern Rautahat district tested positive for the coronavirus. "Seven of them are male aged between 21-30 years while a 28-year woman was also tested positive for the virus," the ministry said.
Likewise, a man aged 38 years from another southeastern district of Bara has also been found to be infected with COVID-19, according to the ministry.
Nepal has also started to see the death from the COVID-19.
A 25-year-old man from southwestern Banke district died from COVID-19 on Sunday, becoming the country's second death from the pandemic. Earlier on Saturday, Nepal reported the first death from the COVID-19 as a 29-year-old mother a 10-day baby, died after suffering from the disease.
Amid soaring cases of the coronavirus, the Nepali government on Sunday decided to extend the ongoing nationwide lockdown till June 2. The Himalayan country has been under lockdown since March 24.
During the lockdown, ground and air transport services have been halted and most of the businesses and industries have been closed, leaving aside some food, medical and construction related industries and services.
- Newly launched booking site QuietHotelRooms.com helps travellers sleep better
- Air Canada to begin operations after flight attendants decide to end strike
- Kolkata gets its first direct Metro to airport; PM Modi set to open 3 game changing routes on Aug 22
- Air Canada flights remain grounded as striking union defies order to resume work
- Uber introduces Intercity Motorhomes as it expands to 3,000 routes in India
- High Commission issues advisory for Indians travelling to Malaysia
- Grand Egyptian Museum to open its doors on Nov1
- Aadhaar OTP now mandatory for online Tatkal train bookings
- PM Modi to launch Bengaluru Metro's Yellow Line, new Vande Bharat Express
- IndiGo slapped with heavy fine for providing ‘unhygienic, dirty seat’ to passenger
Air New Zealand has announced plans to host a live inflight concert, ‘SYNTHONY in the Sky’, on Dec 4 aboard Flight NZ1331 from Auckland to Sydney.
Qatar Airways will move its New York operations to The New Terminal One at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in 2026. As part of the relocation, the airline plans to open a 15,000-square-foot lounge, its first dedicated facility in both New York City and the United States.
All Air Canada planes remained grounded late Saturday despite the Canadian government intervening to end a strike called by cabin crew members that resulted in hundreds of flights being cancelled and triggered chaos, media reports said.