NITN | @notintownlive | 30 Dec 2020, 05:52 am
Hong Kong: Despite Covid-19, the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) is gearing up for festive cheers. This New Year’s Eve (31 Dec 2020), for the first time, the HKTB’s signature “Hong Kong New Year Countdown Celebrations” will go online.
Everyone around the world can join in the celebration wherever they are located using their mobile phones or via computers.
On 31 Dec, the HKTB’s website (discoverhongkong.com) and social media platforms (Facebook and YouTube) will begin showing a live countdown clock at 11pm (HKT) and 11:30pm (HKT) respectively.
Once the clock strikes midnight, a two-minute video showing Victoria Harbour in all its glory as well as iconic landmarks in Hong Kong will follow, along with festive greetings sending blessings to the world. In addition to ushering in the New Year with people worldwide, it will also send the message that Hong Kong remains vibrant as ever in the New Year.
The HKTB has urged the global media to simulcast the “Hong Kong New Year Countdown Celebrations”
- Himachal Pradesh: India's first indoor Ski Park to be developed at Kufri
- Jammu and Kashmir: Tourism department to provide free accommodation to stranded tourists
- Jammu and Kashmir: Ski lovers throng Gulmarg on year's first snowfall
- Hong Kong New Year Countdown celebration goes online
- Welcomhotel Shimla: Your window to the Himalayan splendor of Mashobra
- ITC Royal Bengal & ITC Sonar celebrate Yuletide with Vocal for Local Christmas Trees
- Desperately Seeking Santa show travels to Lapland for Christmas
- Discovery Channel is back with Season 2 of ‘Feelin Alive’ featuring Amol Parashar, Cyrus Sahukar
- J&K: Gulmarg hotels sold out as tourists return to Valley
- Eating out in Kolkata: Seven choices for Christmas and New Year
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Etihad Airways, the national carrier for the UAE, is making it easier for students to travel between university and home or to discover new horizons and cultures, with the launch of its Global Student offer.
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.