NITN | @notintownlive | 22 Jul 2022, 08:06 am
Kolkata: Private airlines major SpiceJet on Friday launched daily non-stop flight connecting Jabalpur with Kolkata.
The airline has also added more flights on Delhi-Khajuraho UDAN sector and is launching another 22 new domestic flights across different sectors.
Union Minister of Civil Aviation, Jyotiraditya Scindia inaugurated SpiceJet’s Jabalpur-Kolkata inaugural flight virtually in the presence of Minister of State for Road Transport & Highways and Civil Aviation, General (Dr) VK Singh (Retd), Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Jabalpur, Rakesh Singh, Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Rajiv Bansal and CMD, SpiceJet, Ajay Singh.
SpiceJet already operates flights to Jabalpur, Gwalior and Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh.
The airline connects Jabalpur to Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Pune whereas Gwalior is connected with Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Jammu and Mumbai.
The airline also connects Khajuraho, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with Delhi through its four weekly direct flights.
The addition of Jabalpur-Kolkata flight on our network will play a major role in enhancing travel and economic activity in the region.
Shilpa Bhatia, Chief Commercial Officer, SpiceJet, said, “We are delighted to connect Jabalpur with Kolkata with daily flights. Jabalpur is an important industrial city and tourist destination. SpiceJet will be the only airline connecting Jabalpur with Kolkata with daily flights and we are proud to provide the much-needed fillip to boost travel and tourism of this historic city and State.”
Located centrally in Madhya Pradesh, Jabalpur is a city of growing commercial importance and scenic charms, known particularly for the magnificent Marble Rocks. The city is spread across the Vindhya ranges and is considered a beautiful paradise for archaeologists and geologists. It’s iconic culture and history is visible in various forts, monuments and temples present across different parts of the city which is a major tourist attraction.
- Bengaluru based tech startup CarterX rolls out airport baggage transfer services at doorstep for harried flyers
- Indigo bolsters UAE-India connectivity with new flights
- Germany sees 214 pct rise in Indian tourists in 2022
- California: Pack your bags and head to this gravity defying Mystery Spot
- Airbnb nearly books 104 mln nights, its highest ever
- Bahrain International Airport welcomes the maiden IndiGo flight from Mumbai
- UK-based Keralite builds plane in lockdown, takes family to France & Germany
- Kolkata will operate India's first underwater metro train
- Statistics on global tourism guides United Nations on sustainable development
- Spain to allow free train rides, starting Sept. 1
New Delhi: Indian Hospitality enterprise OYO on Monday announced reduced prices on stays with tariffs which now begin at Rs 399 for the period between Aug. 8 and Aug. 21.
Mumbai: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala promoted budget carrier Akasa Air is all set to hit the skies with its maiden commercial flight on August 7, starting with Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Kochi with two Boeing 737 Max aircraft, the company announced Friday.
Indian airline SpiceJet has announced the launch of new daily flights connecting Jabalpur with Kolkata starting Jul 22.