NITN | @notintownlive | 03 Aug 2022, 08:55 am
Image Credit: Unsplash
San Francisco/IBNS: Vacation rental Airbnb has hit a record high by booking close to 104 mln nights during the April through June period on the backs of strong travel demand.
Travel demands remain strong with people switching their spending from goods and services, Investors Business Daily (IBD) reported.
The hospitality giant secured a net income of Rs 379 mln in Q2FY22, as per media reports.
In Q2FY22, Airbnb's adjusted earnings stood at 56 cents a share on a revenue of USD 2.1 bln, as per an IBD report.
This is 58 percent higher than adjusted earnings in the corresponding period last fiscal year, according to media reports.
On the booking front, Airbnb clocked a 26 percent jump in bookings during the April-June period compared to the previous year.
Airbnb said long-term travelling segment remains to be fastest growing due to rising acceptance towards remote travel.
City and international travel which was slacking has recovered, BBC reported.
Airbnb said its finds itself in midst of its strongest summer travel season.
The San Francisco-based company assured its investors that it was well positioned to handle whatever might affect the economy, BBC reported.
Chief Executive of Airbnb Brian Cheksy said the lodging website was founded during the recession.
If another economic slowdown took place, he said, "We think a lot of people may turn to hosting once again, so this is a big opportunity for us," as per a BBC report.
- Eighth Bahrain Food Festival to be held in February this year
- City of the Taj Mahal gears up for its annual festival; revised dates of the Taj Mahotsav in Agra announced
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives woos couples with special Valentine’s Day offers
- UNWTO: Expects global tourism to recover to pre-pandemic levels in 2024 subject to pent-up demand, increased air travel and stronger Asian markets
- Not interested in mass tourism: Mizoram Chief Minister Lalduhoma
- Kuda Villingili Maldives recognized as The Best Honeymoon Hotel 2023 by The White Awards
- Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty enjoys at Kuda Villingili Resort in Maldives with family
- Destinations offering digital nomad visas on the rise, says latest report from World Tourism Organisation
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives transforms into carnival land for year-end holidays
- UNWTO names Gujarat's Dhordo as 'best tourism village' of 2023
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.