NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Mar 2020, 10:44 am
New Delhi/NITN: Amid the nationwide lockdown called by the government to stop the spread of COVID-19, airline SpiceJet has offered to fly migrant workers from Delhi and Mumbai to the eastern state of Bihar, media reports said.
The airline has offered to help by operating a special flight.
The domestic and international flights have been banned by the Centre till Apr 14.
The lockdown will also be lifted on Apr 14 midnight.
Earlier, GoAir had reached out to the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the DGCA and offered its services in the wake of a complete lock down across the nation.
The Wadia Group-controlled carrier has offered its aircraft, pilots, cabin crew and airport staff to carry out emergency services and repatriation of citizens.
959 people including 23 deceased have so far been infected with Coronavirus in India.
- Air India deploys newly inducted Boeing 777s in Mumbai-USA routes
- SriLankan Airlines, Emirates forge interline agreement to enhance passenger connectivity
- Malaysia Airlines introduces new services between Kuala Lumpur and three Indian cities
- United Airlines increases non stop flights between New Delhi and New York
- Qatar Airways expands network with inaugural direct flights to Lyon, France
- Air India launches Upgrade+ to simplify purchased cabin upgrades
- American Airlines expands routes and international destination at Miami Airport
- Etihad Airways enhances connectivity with daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Kochi
- Vistara launches non-stop Mumbai-London flights, offering unmatched travel experience and connectivity
- IndiGo scales up international operations, lines up 174 weekly flights
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.