NITN | @notintownlive | 29 Sep 2018
Kolkata, Sep 29 (NITN): Indian company Power Publishers has come up with a comic book art service for story-tellers, publishers and production houses. You may also commission comic book artists at budget-friendly prices through them.
Comic book art as a genre has become increasingly popular today, one of the reasons why internationally acclaimed Marvel and DC Comics are spinning money out of the much-loved Iron-Man and Superman movie franchises.
India too has its own series of popular comics. Kids from the 80s and 90s used to pour over Indrajal Comics, Tinkle and Chacha Chowdhury.
Although Indian publishers are trying to bring back the lost era of comic magazines containing tales of simple rustic folk, the global audience has developed liming for a new kind of genre, graphic novels.
Kolkata-based Power Publishers is one among the few Indian publishers who are seriously exploring the production of world-class graphic novels.
They have created comic book characters, story-board art, comic scripts and full-length graphic novels.
They have published several graphic novels too.
Although the company had earlier entertained a client base from outside India, its comic book art service is now available for production houses and art enthusiasts in India as well.
Prices are pegged at a range (Rs 800/ panel for black-and-white comic art and Rs 1600/ panel for coloured outputs) that are suited to Indian pockets.
Said Pinaki Ghosh, founder of www.comic-book-artists.com – the predecessor to Power Publishers' newest service wing, “We aim to bring back the aura and fandom that children in our generation had associated with comic art. This new service will surely give wings to several publishing houses and film production houses to fulfill their dream of bringing out the next big sensation in comics that are yet to take off due to the lack of a professional setup and quality comic book artists.”
- Book review: Enjoy the unfolding of uncondtional love between a father and son in 'Frnz Forever'
- Power Publishers takes a leading role in producing video books as text supplements for students
- Book review: Rediscover the charm of poetry in 'Stith - Bhavna Pravaha' by Milind Kapale
- Book review: A primer for understanding geometric technical drawing and engineering design
- Starmark to pay homage to Rabindranath Tagore on his 159th birth anniversary and to Satyajit Ray on his birth centenary
- HireMee unveils mid-term student assessments solution for colleges
- Check out Galpowala audiobook app for a wide range of Bengali modern books and classics
- Dhritiman Chaterji to e-launch The Final Adventures of Professor Shonku on Satyajit Ray’s 99th birth anniversary
- Techstars Bangalore concludes 2020 class
- Naad Wellness introduces Dinacharya by Naad to strengthen body's immune system
New Delhi/NITN: In its endeavour to provide support to the nation, leading carrier IndiGo is collaborating with the Indian Meteorological Department by providing crucial aircraft data on wind, humidity and temperature relayed by the aircraft sensors.
Ottawa/NITN: Collapsing of the aviation industry, due to the coronavirus outbreak, forced Air Canada to slash its workforce by 50 to 60 per cent effective June 7, a memo by the company sent to all its employees said.
Gaya: THAI Smile Airways, a Thai low-cost regional airline, on Saturday (May 13) flew 129 people, including 82 Buddhist monks, from the Buddhist holy site of Gaya in eastern India's Bihar to Bangkok in Thailand.