NITN | @notintownlive | 27 Dec 2021, 04:57 am
Kolkata: Hard Rock Cafe® (HRC) turned 50 since it was established in London by Isaac Tigrett and Peter Morton.
Trigett and Morton had bonded over their mutual love for good music, burgers and milkshakes before establishing the first ever Hard Rock Cafe at Hyde Park, London on June 14,1971.
While globally HRC has turned 50 some cities are still warming up to the rock-themed cafe's experience.
Kolkata, in many ways similar to London, got it's very first Hard Rock Cafe four years ago and in that time period has become a high end place for music lovers to escape the city's cacophony.
Located inside a 103-year-old heritage building known as Park Mansion, Hard Rock Cafe, Kolkata sprawls across 5,540 square feet with multi-levels that has 161 covers, a snazzy bar, live entertainment space and the signature rock n’ roll ambience.
When it comes to HRC collectibles, the Kolkata outlet of HRC can boast about Madonna’s black bustier in 1992 hit Erotica, and a solid-body Gibson Les Paul guitar used by the late Chris Cornell of Soundgarden.
The Park Street cafe also has the mesh gloves worn by Prince during his ‘85 Purple Rain tour.
Currently, the Hard Rock International (HRI) is owned by The Seminole Tribe of Florida and has expanded its presence to 241 locations which includes cafes, casinos, hotels, and rock shops.
- Little magazines in Instagram era, a tete-a-tete with independent writer Subhankar Das
- Sona College’s Fashion Technology team earns patent for sewing machine for people with special needs
- My mother felt it was criminal to not live up to our full potential: Shobha Tharoor Srinivasan
- South India’s Sona Group 50:50 JV with Australia’s Mycelium Biotechnology
- Placements at Sona College of Technology touch new highs
- Plant Based Foods Industry Association delegation meets Union Minister to enable the plant-based food ecosystem in India
- The Cathedral of Holy Rosary celebrates Holi with inter-community bonding and message of peace
- 2 out of 8 winners in AICTE Lilavati awards conferred to Salem’s Sona College of Technology, Thiagarajar Polytechnic College teams
- My life has been a saga of one responsibility after another: Lata Mangeshkar
- Vasant Utsav by PKF to welcome spring was an ode to late kathak exponent Birju Maharaj
New Delhi: Hospitality technology platform OYO has announced that its customers will be eligible for a free stay after every 5 night stays in an initiative to boost travel in post-pandemic India.
With international travel having resumed from India and with summer holidays just round the corner, Singapore Airlines, in collaboration with Singapore Tourism Board, is offering a special family promotion on summer travel to Singapore.
Westchester: American startup airline Breeze Airways announced plans to add cross country flights from Westchester Airport to capture the suburban travel market.