NITN | @notintownlive | 12 Sep 2022, 12:51 am
Kolkata: Pronam - a joint initiative of Kolkata Police and The Bengal for the elderly - organized a cultural and cyber fraud awareness programme at the Body Guard Lines Auditorium recently which was attended by the organisation’s nearly 200 senior citizen members.
Commissioner of Police, Vineet Kumar Goyal (IPS), Hari Kishore Kusumakar (IPS), Additional Commissioner of Police (I), Laxmi Narayan Meena, IPS, Additional Commissioner of Police (II), Shankha Shubhra Chakrabarty, Jt Commissioner of Police (modernization), Esha Dutta, Joint Convenor of Pronam project, were present at the dais.
Addressing the senior citizens and dignitaries, Police Commissioner, Goyal, informed members about the steps taken by Kolkata Police to spread awareness and combat the rising incidents of cyber crime.
Senior Citizen members of Pronam in front of the Body Guard Lines Auditorium. Nearly 200 senior citizens attended the cultural and cyber awareness program organized by Pronam in Kolkata recently.Band Soulmate presented a musical medley to entertain them.
“For the last few months we have initiated some virtual and physical programmes. This particular programme is one of the initiatives highlighting the rise of cyber crime and the need to create awareness since the older generation is at the receiving end. A bit of awareness can improve your overall security and safety as far cyber crime is concerned. Also, it is very important that when we meet there should be a cultural interaction, the Pujas are right ahead of us and we are already in the process of making programs for the Pronam members and conduct meaningful sessions in the future,” Goyal said.
The Bank Fraud section of Kolkata Police gave an awareness presentation to the members which was followed by an enchanting musical performance by the band “Soulmate”.
More than a decade ago, The Kolkata Police and The Bengal had jointly started Pronam project to support senior citizens residing within Kolkata. Pronam project is supported by Shree Cement Limited under their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative.
There are close to 20,000 senior citizens enrolled as members of Pronam.
The Kolkata Police has set up special infrastructure, phone lines, dedicated staff etc., to support the senior citizens of Kolkata.
- Thiagarajar Polytechnic College’s 62nd Graduation Day: 851 diploma graduates, medals for 60 securing top 5 positions each in 12 disciplines
- Top honours for surgeons from USA, India and Spain in International Robotic Surgery Innovation Award
- Church Art celebrates Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav in collaboration with ICCR Kolkata
- Kolkata Police Commissioner meets senior citizens of Pronam; urges spread of awareness to combat rising cases of cyber fraud
- HireMee to assess a million TN students as part of ‘Naan Mudhalvan’
- Vattikuti Foundation to host the best Robotic Surgery videos
- India-Australia relationship is profoundly important: Aussie Foreign Minister Penny Wong at business summit
- WB govt to subsidise up to Rs 10 lakh on local food projects, says minister at Foodtech Kolkata 2022 opening
- Malaysia is one of the best places for Indians to visit in the post COVID-19 situation: Deputy Tourism Minister
- Swap new clothes for binoculars this puja: Birla Planetarium scientist to students of Kolkata's Rishi Aurobindo Memorial Academy
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.
New Delhi: Indian Hospitality enterprise OYO on Monday announced reduced prices on stays with tariffs which now begin at Rs 399 for the period between Aug. 8 and Aug. 21.