NITN | @notintownlive | 26 Mar 2018, 11:21 am
While the leaves signify the freshness of the poems, the chillies represent the irony in them, says author HL Agnihotri about his anthology of poems.
Congratulations on the release of 'Leaves of Green Chillies'. What does the title suggest?
The title of my book ‘Leaves of Green Chillies’ is just like the silver crown on the head of a beautiful girl as it reflects the mind and soul of my book.
â€‹Do you research a lot while writing a book?
Every writer, in a way, is a researcher--- the researcher of current and burning issues, life-like characters with pulsation of life, and good style. A good writer is always in search of new words and new phrases.
You have got several published titles till date. How is the current title different from the rest?
I have spent a lot of time to decide on the title so that it is somewhat different from others. Leaves stand for greenery and freshness of my poems; whereas green chillies stand for the pinch of bitterness that equates more with the irony in my poems. On the whole, green leaves and green chillies reflect greenness and freshness of my book.
What kind of books do you enjoy reading?
I like reading literary books that give me new ideas and rich emotions and passions that inspire me to write. My eye is always on new methodology and techniques that may give new direction to my writings.
What inspires you as a writer?
Good, natural and spontaneous ideas and emotions inspire me to write poetry. I’m inspired from such writings that engross my mind and touch the inner depth of my heart for inspiration.
- Muskaan’s fresh approach to promote India’s literary and cultural heritage among students
- Top CII Innovative Institution Award 2021 for Thiagarajar Polytechnic College
- Kolkata based fashion store offers an extensive range of women's wedding attire
- Hard Rock Cafe: 50 years since it began on an iconic journey
- Subhas Chandra Bose was a person of sensitivity, inclusivity and objectivity: Author Anshul Chaturvedi
- Plate up: All new flavours at Canteen Pub & Grub
- Gorge on Calcutta's iconic and popular winter dishes
- Dr B C Roy Institute makeover revives city’s glorious architectural splendour
- Writing my story was traumatic, says Peter-Indrani Mukerjea's daughter Vidhie Mukerjea on 'Devil's Daughter'
- Legal Salah envisions expansion in rural India, appoints Ranjan Mistry as Strategic Advisor
Colombo: SriLankan Airlines has announced the reinstatement of its codeshare arrangement with American Airlines made in December, to proliferate connectivity and travel destinations across North America and Europe.
New Delhi: Airlines operating in India have started offering free of charge change in travel dates and flight numbers for domestic travel due to the high rise in covid cases across the nation.
Washington D.C: Alaska Airlines, the fifth largest airline in the US, Thursday announced that it will reduce flights scheduled for the remainder of Jan. by 10 percent.