NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Apr 2020, 09:58 am

Shanghai/Xinhua: Shanghai reported three newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from overseas Thursday, the local health authority said Friday.
The municipal health commission said a total of 216 imported cases had been reported in Shanghai by the end of Thursday, while five suspected imported cases are under quarantine for further confirmation.
Among the new imported cases, two are Chinese citizens returning from the United States and Russia, and one is a Brazilian. They were quarantined and tested positive for the virus upon arriving at Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
A total of 16 people in close contact with the confirmed patients on flights have been screened and put under quarantine.
On Thursday, five COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals in Shanghai after recovery.
Shanghai saw no new indigenous COVID-19 infections on Thursday. In total, the municipality has reported 339 locally transmitted confirmed cases, including seven deaths.
- Mumbai's newest attraction is its 5-km sea promenade along Coastal Road
- Newly launched booking site QuietHotelRooms.com helps travellers sleep better
- Air Canada to begin operations after flight attendants decide to end strike
- Kolkata gets its first direct Metro to airport; PM Modi set to open 3 game changing routes on Aug 22
- Air Canada flights remain grounded as striking union defies order to resume work
- Uber introduces Intercity Motorhomes as it expands to 3,000 routes in India
- High Commission issues advisory for Indians travelling to Malaysia
- Grand Egyptian Museum to open its doors on Nov1
- Aadhaar OTP now mandatory for online Tatkal train bookings
- PM Modi to launch Bengaluru Metro's Yellow Line, new Vande Bharat Express
Air New Zealand has announced plans to host a live inflight concert, ‘SYNTHONY in the Sky’, on Dec 4 aboard Flight NZ1331 from Auckland to Sydney.
Qatar Airways will move its New York operations to The New Terminal One at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in 2026. As part of the relocation, the airline plans to open a 15,000-square-foot lounge, its first dedicated facility in both New York City and the United States.
All Air Canada planes remained grounded late Saturday despite the Canadian government intervening to end a strike called by cabin crew members that resulted in hundreds of flights being cancelled and triggered chaos, media reports said.