NITN | @notintownlive | 15 Jul 2021, 02:29 am
Ganderbal: The district administration of Ganderbal on Wednesday barred day picnickers from visiting tourist destination Sonamarg in the central Kashmir district for next two weekends in a bid to prevent a possible COVID-19 resurgence due to heavy tourist influx at the resort of late.
An order in this regard issued by Additional Deputy Commissioner Ganderbal Farooq Ahmed Baba said that a large number of local tourists are thronging Sonamarg especially on the weekends, which poses danger of resurgence of COVID-19 pandemic in view of possible violation of COVID appropriate behavior.
The ADC Ganderbal while invoking section 144 of the CPC 1973, Disaster Management Act, 2005 and Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 ordered that On 17-18 and 24-25 July, 2021 only those visitors who possess proof of confirmed hotel bookings at Sonamarg shall be allowed to proceed towards the tourist destination.
No day picnickers shall be allowed to visit Sonamarg on the above mentioned dates, the ADC directed.
SDPO Kangan and Dy SP Traffic Ganderbal have been directed to establish checkpoints at Kangan, Gund and Gagengeer as to allow only Kargil bound travelers and bonafide visitors with proof of advance hotel bookings to move towards Sonamarg.
Tourist destination Pahalgam in south Kashmir was also closed for day picnickers by district administration Anantnag on June 30 in in view of a heavy rush of picnickers posing a risk of COVID-19 resurgence.
- Famous waxwork museum Madame Tussauds Dubai opening in October
- Bangkok and other popular Thai destinations likely to reopen from October 1
- NF Railway launches 'Stream Jungle Tea Safari' to promote tourism in Darjeeling
- Mussoorie restricts number of visitors during weekends, negative RT-PCR report must
- Fully vaccinated Indian tourists to Turkey need no mandatory quarantine
- Abu Dhabi welcomes all vaccinated travellers from across world, lifts quarantine measures
- UT of Ladakh identifies its state animal and bird
- Enjoy Jungle Tea Toy-Train Safari on the world famous DHR
- Meghalaya reopens for fully vaccinated tourists, pre-registration necessary
- Darjeeling Toy Train resumes operation, honoured by UN Postal department
New Delhi/NITN Air Canada resumed its flights to India after four months, the airline said in a tweet.
New Delhi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the commencement of its ten-day sale in India for travel to Abu Dhabi, following the UAE government’s recent announcement to remove the quarantine requirement for all vaccinated travellers arriving from abroad.
Kolkata/NITN: SriLankan Airlines, which has resumed flights to and from India, has announced a special limited offer to boost the number of travellers between the two countries.