NITN | @notintownlive | 07 Nov 2022, 06:20 am
Pahalgam: As many as seven lakh tourists visited the Pahalgam region of Jammu and Kashmir this year, media reports said on Monday.
Only 316 foreign tourists visited Pahalgam last year while 2,856 foreign tourists visited this year, it said, as per the news agency — Kashmir News Observer (KNO).
Last year, 4,61,130 visitors including 2,22,975 locals, 316 foreign, and 2,37,839 domestic tourists visited Pahalgam, the news agency reported.
Tourism stakeholders are currently expecting to witness a good turnout of tourists in the Valley.
- Jammu and Kashmir: Seven lakh tourists visit Pahalgam
- Annual Illuminate San Francisco Festival begins on Nov 9 to celebrate the city's vibrant art scene
- KFC India rolling out all-digital smart restaurants to speed up customer service
- Jumeirah Group announces stunning new retreat in Bahrain
- Italian film festival gets underway in Kolkata with screening of six contemporary films
- Take deep dive into Virginia's EdVenture Experiences in USA
- Why Backpacking Is the Best Way for Millennials to Travel
- Bhutan reopens borders to international tourists after 2 years, Indian visitors to pay Rs. 1,200 per day fee
- Japan finally decides to end restrictions on foreign tourists
- Goa: Cricket icon Yuvraj Singh hosts exclusive stay on Airbnb
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.
New Delhi: Indian Hospitality enterprise OYO on Monday announced reduced prices on stays with tariffs which now begin at Rs 399 for the period between Aug. 8 and Aug. 21.