NITN | @notintownlive | 08 Sep 2023, 09:37 am
Photo Courtesy: Melia Hotels International website
Melia Hotels International, a Spanish hotel chain, conducted a roadshow in the eastern Indian city of Kolkata on Tuesday, a destination that the hotel brand considers to be 'important'.
Speaking to IBNS, Mahmoud Abdelnaby, Director of Business Development, Melia Hotels International, covering the Asia Pacific (APAC) and Middle East and Africa (MEA) regions, said: "The Kolkata roadshow has been a very successful event."
"Kolkata is an important destination and of course, India remains one of the fastest growing markets for us," he said.
He said in comparison to 2019, the hotel has been witnessing a rise in the length of stay in different room categories.
"The market has been witnessing healthy growth in recent times and we need to maintain our performance accordingly with our products," Mahmoud Abdelnaby said.
Melia Hotels International recently opened the Gran Melia Nha Trang in Vietnam.
It is the first Gran Melia resort in Southeast Asia.
The Gran Melia Nha Trang property at Vega City Nha Trang is owned by KDI Holdings. It features 94 private pool villas.
"We have a few luxury hotels coming up in the pipeline. We have recently opened the Gran Melia Nha Trang in Vietnam. Vietnam remains one of the major destinations for us in recent times, especially keeping the Indian market in mind," he said.
"In Milan, we are going to open a Gran Melia Hotel named Palazzo Cordusio. With different room categories, travellers can expect to stay in a grand historical Italian building in the city now."
Speaking on opening their hotels in India, he said: "We would love to speak to owners and investors who are willing to give their hotels to Melia to run them. However, nothing on the cloud at present."
He said in 2024 the luxury hotel brand is planning to open ME Malta in the country.
- Eighth Bahrain Food Festival to be held in February this year
- City of the Taj Mahal gears up for its annual festival; revised dates of the Taj Mahotsav in Agra announced
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives woos couples with special Valentine’s Day offers
- UNWTO: Expects global tourism to recover to pre-pandemic levels in 2024 subject to pent-up demand, increased air travel and stronger Asian markets
- Not interested in mass tourism: Mizoram Chief Minister Lalduhoma
- Kuda Villingili Maldives recognized as The Best Honeymoon Hotel 2023 by The White Awards
- Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty enjoys at Kuda Villingili Resort in Maldives with family
- Destinations offering digital nomad visas on the rise, says latest report from World Tourism Organisation
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives transforms into carnival land for year-end holidays
- UNWTO names Gujarat's Dhordo as 'best tourism village' of 2023
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.