NITN | @notintownlive | 08 Sep 2023, 09:37 am
Photo Courtesy: Melia Hotels International website
Melia Hotels International, a Spanish hotel chain, conducted a roadshow in the eastern Indian city of Kolkata on Tuesday, a destination that the hotel brand considers to be 'important'.
Speaking to IBNS, Mahmoud Abdelnaby, Director of Business Development, Melia Hotels International, covering the Asia Pacific (APAC) and Middle East and Africa (MEA) regions, said: "The Kolkata roadshow has been a very successful event."
"Kolkata is an important destination and of course, India remains one of the fastest growing markets for us," he said.
He said in comparison to 2019, the hotel has been witnessing a rise in the length of stay in different room categories.
"The market has been witnessing healthy growth in recent times and we need to maintain our performance accordingly with our products," Mahmoud Abdelnaby said.
Melia Hotels International recently opened the Gran Melia Nha Trang in Vietnam.
It is the first Gran Melia resort in Southeast Asia.
The Gran Melia Nha Trang property at Vega City Nha Trang is owned by KDI Holdings. It features 94 private pool villas.
"We have a few luxury hotels coming up in the pipeline. We have recently opened the Gran Melia Nha Trang in Vietnam. Vietnam remains one of the major destinations for us in recent times, especially keeping the Indian market in mind," he said.
"In Milan, we are going to open a Gran Melia Hotel named Palazzo Cordusio. With different room categories, travellers can expect to stay in a grand historical Italian building in the city now."
Speaking on opening their hotels in India, he said: "We would love to speak to owners and investors who are willing to give their hotels to Melia to run them. However, nothing on the cloud at present."
He said in 2024 the luxury hotel brand is planning to open ME Malta in the country.
- Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty enjoys at Kuda Villingili Resort in Maldives with family
- Destinations offering digital nomad visas on the rise, says latest report from World Tourism Organisation
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives transforms into carnival land for year-end holidays
- UNWTO names Gujarat's Dhordo as 'best tourism village' of 2023
- Prague lights up for the annual Signal Festival, 11th edition expands its reach
- La Sagrada Familia: Spain's beloved basilica’s towers in Barcelona are finally complete
- Bus tours to art previews to self-guided tours – options to enjoy Durga Puja in Kolkata
- Singapore's Changi airport to go passport-free, set to introduce automated immigration clearance
- Maharashtra Tourism puts Ganesh Festival on the international map
- Indian market remains one of the fastest growing for us, says Melia Hotels International at Kolkata roadshow
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.