NITN | @@notintownlive | 25 Jan 2020, 05:52 am
Abu Dhabi/NITN: Experience Hub, the trade and promotion arm of one of the world’s fastest growing leisure and entertainment hubs, Yas Island Abu Dhabi, and Etihad Holidays, the destination and leisure management arm of Etihad Airways have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance Abu Dhabi’s positioning as a leading global destination for leisure and cultural experiences.
The MoU outlines how the two organisations will collaborate to increase awareness and visitation to Abu Dhabi as well as improve the overall guest booking experience and drive longer lengths-of-stay.
The agreement between Experience Hub and Etihad Holidays also aims to increase layover and stopovers in the capital, with a keen focus on key markets including the GCC, Europe, India and China. Additionally, the MoU includes essential collaborative tactics such as trade events and annual familiarisation trips to highlight Abu Dhabi’s world-class leisure and cultural offerings; as well as developing and facilitating destination and product awareness workshops.
Commenting on the landmark agreement, Experience Hub’s General Manager Liam Findlay said, “This MoU strengthens our existing ties with an already esteemed partner and valued stakeholder. Collaborating with Etihad Holidays not only allows us to further align in support of the UAE capital’s plans to enhance its global reputation as per Abu Dhabi Vision 2030; but this agreement also enables us at Experience Hub to further curate and adapt initiatives to enhance Yas Island Abu Dhabi’s positioning as a globally relevant leisure and entertainment hub.”
“By combining Yas Island’s growing portfolio of attractions and experiences and extensive calendar of events with Abu Dhabi’s rich history and cultural scene, including attractions such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Louvre Abu Dhabi, and Qasr Al Watan, we can collectively showcase all that this great destination has to offer.”
Hareb Almuhairy, Senior Vice President Destination and Leisure Management, Etihad Airways said: “We are very excited to enter this agreement with Experience Hub which will further highlight and promote Abu Dhabi as a remarkable tourist and leisure destination. The number of world-class, entertainment and leisure venues in the city is rapidly increasing, in particular on Yas Island, and we look forward to welcoming more and more visitors to this great emirate very soon.”
- Eighth Bahrain Food Festival to be held in February this year
- City of the Taj Mahal gears up for its annual festival; revised dates of the Taj Mahotsav in Agra announced
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives woos couples with special Valentine’s Day offers
- UNWTO: Expects global tourism to recover to pre-pandemic levels in 2024 subject to pent-up demand, increased air travel and stronger Asian markets
- Not interested in mass tourism: Mizoram Chief Minister Lalduhoma
- Kuda Villingili Maldives recognized as The Best Honeymoon Hotel 2023 by The White Awards
- Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty enjoys at Kuda Villingili Resort in Maldives with family
- Destinations offering digital nomad visas on the rise, says latest report from World Tourism Organisation
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives transforms into carnival land for year-end holidays
- UNWTO names Gujarat's Dhordo as 'best tourism village' of 2023
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.